Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Renée Zellweger Would Like Us to Quit Being...

Renée Zellweger, as we all noticed, pretty much stayed away from the spotlight for a good chunk o’ time there after the mid-aughts hit. She just did.

Then a couple of days ago, girlfriend reappeared on the scene and had herself her most high-profile red-carpet moment in years, at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards in Beverly Hills. And then, yesterday (all day yesterday), the world lost its collective s--- online on account of her “looking different.

Meaning she probably, more than likely allegedly has had a little...some work done. On her face. And she looks not like Renée Zelleweger.

I will admit that the Oscar winner looks quite fresh, but, c’mon – she still looks like herself. I’m no make-up artist, but it looks to me like she’s not wearing all that much...like her eyebrows aren’t done. Regardless, who knows. She probably spent that last however many years she’s not been making films living the GOOP lifestyle, getting daily facials and, yeah, maybe, even one treatment or another.

I would if I had her money.

There’s just no need to talk about it with the same level of real news-cancelling intensity as we do, I dunno, a certain virus or ISIS. Right? I mean, isn’t there a midterm election going on? (New rule: You vote, you get to keep talking about this.)

Zellweger herself probably thinks we should shut it down and mind our own f---ing business. In fact, she has said as much now, albeit in a much a nice way.

She has said we are being “silly.” Which we are.

“I’m glad folks think I look different! I’m living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I’m thrilled that perhaps it shows,” she’s told People magazine.

And there you go.

You will be seeing way more of Zellwegers alleged new face soon, btw: The actress will be back on the big screen opposite Daniel Craig Keanu Reeves in The Whole Truth.

Photo: People.com.

No comments: